Global leaders to tackle issues through collaborative approaches for SDG action at the 7th Responsible Business Forum
Collaborative partnerships, bold actions and business transformation, have never been more critical to the future of sustainable development. Themed Shaping the world in 2030: Partnerships for SDG Action, this year’s Responsible Business Forum on Sustainable Development (RBF) asserts that concrete steps must be taken today and together, if we are to secure a more sustainable and equitable world by 2030.
Co-organised by Global Initiatives and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), RBF 2018 aims to surface action-driven outcomes and practical solutions across five areas critical to attaining the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – Climate action, Urbanisation, Circular economy, Human rights, Food and nutrition.
To achieve this, RBF 2018 will feature a new laboratory-style conference format to help delegates unlock insights, discuss issues, devise solutions collaboratively and commit to measurable post-RBF action.
Event: Responsible Business Forum on Sustainable Development
Date: 11 – 12 October 2018
Time: 0900 – 1730h
Venue: Marina Bay Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Level 4
A prominent line-up of speakers will address over 800 global business leaders, senior government officials and members of civil society on SDG progress and tomorrow’s future, the untapped potential of multi-stakeholder partnerships, and navigating opportunities for sustainability through business transformation and bold steps.
‘Walking the talk’ has always been key. Global Initiatives will work closely with sustainability host Marina Bay Sands for the 6th year, to deliver yet another responsible, environmentally-sensitive and impactful RBF.
1. Opening plenary address by Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme, in his first visit to Singapore
2. Opening keynote addresses by:
* Judy Glazer, Global Head of Sustainability and Product Compliance, HP Inc.
* Tim Mohin, Chief Executive, Global Reporting Initiative
* Jose Teodoro K. Limcaoco, Chief Finance Officer and Finance Group Head, Ayala Corporation
* Samina Baig, National Goodwill Ambassador for Pakistan, UNDP
* Patricia Zurita, Chief Executive Officer, BirdLife International
3. Panel and community discussions featuring senior representatives from:
* The Dow Chemical Company, SecondMuse, Unilever, Trucost, C40, CP Group, Winnow, ENGIE, Herbalife Nutrition, The Weather Company, Petronas, WWF International, Keppel, Swiss RE, Blockchain Learning Group, and many others
4. Discussions over partnerships and innovative financing for SDG action, featuring:
* Microsoft Asia, Trucost, Stockholm Environment Institute, Herbalife Nutrition, WWF International, UNDP SDG Impact Finance, Standard Chartered, and others
5. A showcase of current initiatives and projects acting to address issues in Climate action, Urbanisation, Circular economy, Human rights, Food and nutrition
6. A Young Leaders in Responsible Business lunch dialogue, featuring:
* Young, dedicated CSR leaders who will share their views on what sustainability means to young leaders and what’s needed to engage the next generation of stakeholders
Check out the rest of the programme here .