Singapore, 12 August 2014. This year, Wild Asia together with Gaia Discovery is on a lookout for inspiring travel stories from within the industry. We are inviting exceptional tourism businesses and projects from across Asia to submit their inspiring story.
Have you empowered local people? Saved a rare wildlife species? Protected an area’s cultural heritage? Innovated ways to run a tourism business that is kinder to the environment? Have you through the power of tourism used it as a force for good? We want to hear your story.
What’s in it for you?
· Top 3 Winners will receive complimentary tickets to ITB Asia Responsible Tourism Events and will be given 15 minutes each to share their story on the Responsible Tourism stage to an audience of like-minded tourism professionals and potential customers
· Top 3 Winners will have their story published on the Wild Asia’s website and Gaia Discovery’s website.
· Top 3 Winners will benefit from the reach of both Wild Asia and Gaia Discovery’s social media networks.
How to enter
Submit your stories in any of the following form:
· In words; no more than 1,000 words
· Video; no more than 5 minutes
· Slideshow; no more than 15 slides
Email your entries to email@example.com by 14th September 2014 (Sunday).
Please title your email “RT Stories for RT Event at ITB Asia 2014″ and include your Name, Email, Organization and Destination in your email.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by 30th September, 2014. Winners will be invited to speak at ITB Asia (Terms on Wild Asia website).
Inspiring Stories from Destinations is part of the annual Responsible Tourism networking events that started in 2009. Organised by WildAsia and supported by ITB Asia, this annual event hopes to bring together sustainable tourism practitioners to share, engage, learn and be inspired to make a difference. In 2014, it is jointly organised by Gaia Discovery. Judges of Inspiring Storides from Destinations 2014 include Gaia Discovery founder Mallika Naguran and award winning contributor Henrylito D.Tacio.